Priorities follow attention and values. Check whether you are on the right track using these questions:
- What results or objectives do I want to achieve in the next week?
- What is our team objective for the next few weeks?
- How does this relate to other goals at work and in my personal life?
- What is it that I feel responsible for?
- What criteria do I use to set priorities?
- What is the most important task right now?
The quality of the shared context and the quality of interpersonal communication is key to setting the right priorities. Check out these other markers:
In every meeting identify other objectives, priorities or activities that might disturb the team flow.
Set the short term group focus based on three criteria: achievable for all team members, highest value, commitment.