Knowledge transfer starts with framing the required knowledge in a given situation and linking this to your previous reference experiences.Questions to trigger this awareness are:
- Which previous experiences resemble the situation that I am in right now?
- What approach did I use then?
- What knowledge do I need now?
- At this moment: what specific experience or knowledge do I need?
- How or via who will I acquire that knowledge?
Implement knowledge transfer as a daily practice in team interactions by asking the following questions:
- Who has relevant reference experience in relation to this issue or problem?
- What knowledge or expertise to we need to solve ‘this’?
- What is your specific core expertise in relation to his problem?
- What could we learn from each other?
Create a ‘knowlegde map’: who knows what in relation to the short term results or objective?
Share knowledge when team members experience challenging situations.