How do I improve?
The first step in creating an open mind set in a group setting is to feel secure and balanced.
Then adjust your awareness by asking yourself:
- What am I thinking, feeling and doing?
- What is my blindspot?
- What do I really want to express?
You can’t share what you don’t know.
How do we improve?
Regularly adress the importance of group openness.
Slow down when discussing topics that relate to important values of team members. Check ecology by asking:
- How do we all feel about this?
- Are there any blocking issues at the personal level?
Make sure that the interpersonal communication is specific enough to understand eachother
- Work with a ‘matching’ mindset and focus on relations
- Apply the theory U concept Otto Scharmer ): slow down, no judgement, no cynism, no fear