Our own worldview sometimes blocks new information and limits the chance of establishing a shared meaning. Try to experiment with the following assumptions:
- I know nothing, this is completely new to me;
- Everybody has a unique map of the world and words to express it;
- Different words might express the same meaning.
- List important key-words that are used during meetings
- Ask team members to clarify these keywords and find synonyms in thier own field of expertise
- Summarize the shared meaning of a keyword: “so.. what we mean with x is…”.